Welcome to starbuck recreation
This website is created and maintained for the community of Starbuck, Manitoba. Here you will find the latest information happening in the Recreation Association and the Starbuck Arena
Starbuck recreations facility
Starbuck Ice Arena
Starbuck is fortunate to have an Ice Facility right on its doorstep, it is also home of the Starbuck Hockey Academy.
- Facilities Include:
- 185×90 Arena which is run by an ammonia ice plant installed in 2016
- Newer LED lighting system for brighter ice surface
- Puck boards were only replaced in 2022 with new Plexiglass
- Spectator area with stand heating
- The ice surface itself also has its own heating from reclaimed heat from the ice plant to ensure player comfort.
- Additional inside viewing lounge is provided with comfortable seating.
- If you can’t make it to the Arena yourself, we do have live streaming of what is happening on the ice through the use of LiveBarn steaming cameras.
- We have a separate curling facility that houses 3 curling ice sheets.
- We have a full service bar available in our Curling lounge.
There is high speed Wifi across the building provided by fiber optics through our local internet provider Rural Connections Manitoba Ltd.
We also have a Canteen that has a full range of food available – a schedule of opening times will be on the website shortly along with the new menu and possibility of online ordering for large amount of orders will be available (Note: Canteen times do vary depending on events happening within in the building)
Todays Ice Times
Curling & Bar Lounge
How a Community Came Together
Story of Saving The Arena
Starbuck arena is celebrating more than 40 years of community hockey and curling in Manitoba.
We started in 1974 as natural ice and after 15 years an artificial ice plant was installed. In 2015/2016 we needed to replace the original failing ice plant, we were at risk of loosing our facilities but the community pulled together and a new ice place was installed in 2016.
We have dedicated a page on our website to the amazing people and businesses that saved our rink and the story of how a community came together..